![]() |
| 2019 |
As kids growing up in the Communities we got different doses of the good and the bad. We all took away different aspects: cynicism and a rejection of authority figures, a deep understanding of God's personal love for us, and daily prayer habits. A mix of good and bad. But for the kids in the communities some of us also came out of the experience with life long friendships. I am very lucky as I feel like I got all of the best parts of being a community kid, with very little of the negative. My parents chose to keep our Catholic identity the center of our faith experience, they also chose to be involved but just outside. while most of the Community families lived in the same neighborhood and attend a Community school, we didn't. I had great female role models, learned a joy in God I hadn't experienced before, and a had positive social group, without feeling controlled or deceived. For me it was a great influence and I was blessed with an enduring friendship.
![]() |
| 1993 - she came to visit me in Colordao |
We celebrated her 45th birthday with a weekend away at a beach house. She invited a bunch of friends, some I don't know well but because they have been important to MS they are familiar. It was great to hang out with all of them. Originally I was going to stay for just one night, since Jim was working, but I made some car pool arrangements for the girls and stayed both Friday and Saturday. I am so glad that I did. It was a blast. One friend, Maggie brought wigs and was wearing a pink one (just because) We headed out to dinner and the wig came too. By the end of the evening we were all wearing wigs, singing and dancing in the kitchen. Saturday included a walk on the beach, snacks, games, birthday cake and lots of stories. It was so much fun to celebrate this woman who I have seen take on life with faith, love and dedication.Cheers to Mary Sue, a friend who finds YES.


No comments:
Post a Comment