Saturday, March 9, 2019

Hair Cut helper

Back at the end of January,  I was out with Megan after school, and started preparing dinner when I got home. Johanna had been home with Rae and Bridget and drawing in her bedroom while we were out.  She came in to talk to me while I was making dinner. I saw her and paused, doing a double take. I asked "did you cut your hair?" She said Yes, it was bothering her. I guess it was falling in her face while she was drawing.  Her hair wasn't alarmingly bad but it looked odd.



After dinner I did a fuller inspection and found lots of smaller hunks missing from around her face and one large chuck missing from the top of her head. Our evening shifted to a bath and repair haircut. I tapered in the sections around her face and tried to even things out. There wasn't anything I could do about the top, that would just have to grow in on it's own.

Finally at the beginning of March, I brought her in to get a real haircut. She enjoyed that a lot and got to watch Puppy Dog Pals while the stylist neatened things up and took off some more length.  She isn't proud of the missing chunk on the top of her head, but if someone asks her about getting a haircut she is matter of fact and tells them. "I cut it myself and then we had to get it fixed".

It is what it is, and it could have been much worse.


No comments:

Post a Comment