June 2018
All of his hard work paid off. Jim pursued his dream of working for Guinness and after a year of unemployment, patience, and dedication, he got the job offer. The offer wasn't for the level of position that he had originally hoped but he was in. He accepted a position as a tour guide. He would get to talk to people everyday about beer and he would be great at it. We all knew it.
I am so proud of him.
With an accepted job offer Jim's birthday celebration felt brighter. That could have also been all of those candles.
All of the girls have been routing for Jim to get a job at Guinness and weren't surprised when it happened. The matra became "Gizness is his Bizness". To celebrate we all pitched in to customize a corn hole set for Father's day.
Unemployment was hard but I knew we were in God's hands. He had this. He had us. He had our finances. I felt like we were following God's plan and that made everything easier.
How did I know this? Here is the back story: In May 2017 Bridget was falling behind at school and I started looking at transferring her to Catholic school. We looked at a few options and St. Mark's was the most promising. I prayed through it all and asked God for an obvious answer as to what to do. It was time to make a decision. That week Bridget had a very promising IEP meeting at her current school and we found out that the staff was receiving training specific to dyslexia and would be ready for Bridget in the Fall. Then my Dad found out that he wouldn't be returning to St. Mark's as a teacher. Then Jim lost his job. God gave me an obvious answer. I thanked him and told him I got the message. I got a clear message from God that He had a plan and part of that plan was Jim changing jobs. Knowing that Jim's job was part of God's plan, let me breathe and receive the grace that God was pouring out on us.
We are so blessed and I am so thankful.







No comments:
Post a Comment