Carol Chesley Studio of Dance - Recital
Dance filled many hours of Megan and Bridget lives this past year and we got one 3 hour recital to witness their hard work and artistry.
Megan had ballet and pointe class every Tuesday for 2 hours, she would go to dance right from religious ed class and it made for a very long day. Bridget had ballet and tap every Wednesday night. and then each of the girls took Contemporary class on Saturday and Megan also took Jazz. There was a good camaraderie between all of the girls and a bit of commiseration.
Dance recital weekend started with an all day dress rehearsal on Saturday. Emma wasn't able to make it to the recital itself, so she came and watched the rehearsal, much to her sister's pleasure. It was satisfying to see Megan and Bridget jump into the routine and be so proficient with the costume changes and scheduling. I helped with Bridget's hair and makeup, and assisted a tiny bit with Megan. Mostly they needed me for rides and food. I always make a Subway run in between numbers. I was happy to help. I watched them as they took the stage to get the feel for the spacing on the big stage and run through the dances multiple times. I paused when I saw the pain on Megan's face. She has bunions and they had been causing her pain all year, but the repetitive intense rehearsals were just a lot. She was using a numbing cream and lots of different foot pads in her shoes but at the end of each dance despite flushed cheeks she would go white. She had already been talking about not dancing in high school, I knew I would follow her lead on whatever she decided.On Sunday afternoon I rechecked our bags and headed to the theater with Megan and Bridget. Jim followed with Johanna, Rachael and flowers. The curtain went up and our trip through the seasons began.
Every Season Has a Reason
Megan - Winter -Candy cane, Jazz number in red
Megan - Spring- West Wind , Pointe
Megan and Bridget - Summer- Thunder clouds, Contemporary
Megan - Summer- Sunset, ballet
Bridget - Summer- Walking in the Leaves, ballet
Bridget - Summer- Harvest Moon, tap in a white
Megan - Finale- Full Corps
It was beautiful and a treat to see so many girls and nieces dance on stage. Johanna really enjoyed being able to deliver the flowers. Afterward we celebrated with dinner at Matthews.














No comments:
Post a Comment