My sweet Bridget has been working with her Junior Girl Scout troop over the past few month on their Bronze project. The girls had decided that they wanted to do something to help people, specifically homeless people. they girls decided to coordinate meals for the West End Men's Shelter and also to create blessing bags to hand out to those they see in need.The girls worked together raising money for the project, budgeting and then shopping. Then they got together to do the cooking of the dinners and assembling the blessing bags. Bridget has always had a heart for the people that she sees begging at intersections and we were glad to be able to have a few blessing bags in our van ready to hand out.
I happened to be the one to hand out the blessing bags as I made my trips to and from events and work. I let Bridget know that I gave one of the bags to a man with a sign at a red light stop on a hot day. He took it said thank you and immediately pulled out the bottle of water and protein bar and opened them.
I have noticed that our kids really have a heart to help and they take the opportunities to make others lives better with great enthusiasm. They are a bright spot of hope.
Bridget and her troop received her Bronze award for the completion of the project. The seed was planted and they plan to continue feeding those in need as a regular troop endeavor.


No comments:
Post a Comment