Easter 2021
What a joyful day! Alleluia!
Jesus Christ is Risen!
We were so blessed to be able to celebrate together after a strange and difficult year. We were able to enjoy our family traditions. The dynamic is changing as the girls get older. It is sweet to enjoy it and savor it. It is also lovey to see the girls not living at home, desiring these things and doing some on their own.
We kept the house Lenten, and on Fridays since we couldn't do soup before stations at church, the girls and I did soup and watched "The Chosen" series on our Fridays. Then Holy Week arrived. We transitioned the church from purple to white and attended Holy Thursday liturgy, we transitioned the church from white to red and for the first time covered the crucifix at the request of our new Pastor, Fr Bill and participated in the Stations of the Cross. We came back Saturday morning and arranged the Easter flowers and pulled out the gold and white fabrics. You couldn't help but smile. Holy Saturday the girls and I dyed eggs with lovely results.
Sunday Morning Emma arrived before most of the girls even woke up. I had breakfast in the oven. I checked on Rachael via text, she was worried that we sang without her. I told her not to worry. When she arrived, we all sang ''Jesus Christ is Risen Today" and then did the alphabet game- Easter addition. I think this was the first time we did it in the living room instead of all on our bed. It worked really well. With everyone together and masked, the girls looked through their Easter baskets.
Our girls are always so excited to go through their baskets. They are grateful and delighted at the simple little things we pick up for them. The baskets are always modest, nothing fancy or pricey and the girls enjoy it. It isn't about the stuff, it's the little thrills and the treats. I look at them and love how they know how to appreciate the experience. They are beautiful.
We shared our cinnamon rolls, casserole and pineapple with pretty tulips nearby. We got to do a video call with Mom and Dad Kehrman and visit long distance and then we got ready to head to 12:30 Mass and Rachael headed to work. Mass was beautiful and the sensitive noses in our family were grateful that the masks mitigated the normal aversion to incense. After Mass we lounged around, Jim headed into work at Guinness and then we headed over to Joe and Magaly's for Easter dinner outside.
The cousins hadn't been together for months but the little kids got very comfortable very quickly as they hunted for eggs in the big back yard. Johanna said later that she likes Grampa's yard the best because it has the best hiding places. It took the older cousins a little longer to find their grove but soon enough there was bottle flipping and jelly bean in bread tasting. Rachael and Jim both arrived later after work and it was great to see them slide into the conversations and visiting. I am so grateful to have them all here after this year of loss. I am grateful for their health and well-being. I had really missed hanging out with the sisters. What a wonderful group of women I get to be a part of. I am blessed.
Easter Blessings!















No comments:
Post a Comment