This year Megan has become friends with some of the kids in the Catholic home school community. Katherine and Teresa belong to a home school Co-op and they frequently invite us to outside activities such as musical productions and retreats. Megan joined the co-op highschool group for the March for Life as well as the Mount2000 retreat. She has been chatting with a number of the teens she met for the past few months, especially Rita. Rita invited Megan to her quinceanera Mass and party. Megan had a blast. Then Megan was asked if she wanted to join a group of them to go to homeschool prom. Her cousins, Joseph and Michael, former homeschoolers were also going, so there would be a good group of people she was friends with attending.
Megan began going through the closet and tried on my dresses. I was tiny in highschool so most didn't fit even though Megan is thin, but Megan could fit into the bridesmaid dress from my sister Becky's wedding. Megan looked beautiful in the floor length floral gown. The shoulders were gaping just like I remember they did on me, so I took up the shoulders and the dress was ready with a day to spare. We also went out shopping for a nice pair of heals that don't kill her bunions and can be worn for years to come.The day of the prom, I did a series of french braids in Megan's hair and then we left the back fall to her shoulders. Her sisters gathered around as we worked on her hair in my room. And right on time she was ready to go. Megan looked beautiful. I think she was a little anxious as the pre-prom and after prom plans got canceled, but soon an after-prom get together at the Double-T filled out the plans for the night.




No comments:
Post a Comment