Rachael's Junior Prom
Rachael's Junior year came flying into the home stretch with a full schedule of AP exams and Junior Prom. She and I went out with Megan to try on dresses and found one she liked. But she wasn't thrilled with it and we had time, so she and I went out one more time. She found a two piece. A large number of the available dresses had cutouts, deep v's, or were two pieces. I have always disliked formal two pieces that show belly and I had reservations. But it fit her really well. The color was beautiful on her. Rachael has a short torso, so the pieces generally touch, and I agreed that she could get it. We had to order it in her size, and do rush shipping so she would have time to hem it. Jim took her to get it hemmed and with quick turnover the dress was ready.
Rachael invited Jane, one of her friends, to prom. They met up with a few friends, who weren't going to prom, for dinner at the local Indian restaurant and then they headed to the high school cafeteria: tickets in hand. The school decorates the cafeteria, orders food and gets a DJ. It is more low key than a lot of other schools do it, but I love it, and the Juniors have a great time. Rachael said she did a lot of dancing and they voted to have no slow songs so it was all upbeat.




No comments:
Post a Comment