Sunday, April 1, 2018

Merry Easter 2018

April 1, 2018

Jesus Christ is Risen Today! Alleluia!


This year Easter was on April 1st, April Fools Days. Our funny children snuck into the living room overnight after the baskets had been prepared and Jim and I went to bed.  They decorated for Christmas. As is our tradition the girls all joined us on our bed as they woke up, we played the holiday alphabet game and sang "Jesus Christ is Risen today" then together we went into the living room. I stood in the door way and just laughed and laughed as I took in the garland and stockings around the baskets, eggs and bunnies.



We had a nice breakfast, and we went to Mass together. This for me was the highlight. I miss going to Mass and worshiping our Creator and Lord with our girls by our sides. About a year ago as Rachael struggled with depression she stopped going to Mass. I worry about her loss of faith and I wonder what she will try to rely on for her strength, comfort and hope. I pray for her constantly. Emma is off at college and seems to go to Mass occasionally but I worry too about a loss of faith. I pray for her constantly as well. I just want them to know that the source of all love is available to them. A love that is full and whole, understanding, welcoming, and truthful. And I want them to embrace that love and know God's peace. Easter is a beautiful feast to celebrate that love, and I am so glad we were all their together.

Later that day we headed to my Dad's house. He continues to host in a no nonsense kind of way. For Easter he got a spiral ham and made scalloped potatoes. We are happy to fill in the rest and help with the clean up before we head home. Before we ate we held the Easter egg hunt. Those that hid the eggs, spelled out "April Fools' in eggs, but they did still hide most of the filled eggs.



Megan, Katherine, and Sophia
Sarah and Bridget





Our day was full of the sweetness of family, Our Lord's sacrifice and Resurrection, and of course chocolate.

Merry Easter!



No comments:

Post a Comment