Friday, December 29, 2017

Rachael turns 17

December 2017

This amazing girl turned 17. Rachael ended a very difficult year in a much better place than where she started it. The past year took a lot of energy to get through but gradually through the year the lows got less low. By fall she was able to reengage in a familiar way: witty, funny, loud, analytical, and passionate.

 She is working her way through Junior year, and rebuilding. Rachael recently finished 2 classes at the Community College; checking English and Health off her list of high school requirements while earning college credits. I think she enjoyed walking with friends to campus each day. This got her outside and moving, activities that she has always loved and needed. She has been trying out different habit trackers, apps and paper varieties in order to encourage all of the healthy habits in her life. Rachael's eye for function and balance have led her to the idea that it might be best if she create her own app. Spring semester she will be taking a computer logic and design class at CCBC.

Her interests in the outdoors, space, social justice, and random facts are alive and well. She is enjoying plants and has added a few succulents to her room with an eye on increasing the collection. Rachael has been hanging and drying varieties of plants in her window and her room has a lovely feel. She jokes sometimes that she'll be the intriguing old lady in a little cottage with plants and piles of curiosities some day. For now she is the intriguing young lady with an amazing cat that I am so blessed to have so close to me.

On her birthday we went out to dinner and then she invited a few friends over to watch a movie. It was fun and low key. Rachael smiled a lot.





Happy Birthday Rachael!

1 comment:

  1. One of these days, I will get the blog on my screen of this computer. Until then,you have to remember I am me and not PawPaw. It would also help me to stay up-to-date on the entries.I so enjoy them. I think I read 5 or more today, and enjoyed each of them. Thank you, Liz.
    Your family is so grrrreat! Reading makes me miss each of you even more.Hope we each, PawPaw and myself, can make it out to spend some time with you.
    Love to all,
    Gramma Kate

    ReplyDelete