This 2016-2017 school year our 5 girls are in 5 different schools.
Emma is a freshman at Towson University. You can read all about that in previous posts.
Rachael is in the 10th Grade at CHS, she is taking Chemistry, Pre-Calc, Spanish 4, GT English, AP World History, Fundamentals of Art, and Symphonic Winds where she plays the flute. Her teachers all seemed passionate about their subjects at Back to School Night and Rachael is off to a good start.
Megan is a 7th grader at CMS and started the year comfortably. She is familiar with most of the teachers and is confident about the things that stress 6th graders out, like how to find classes and locker combinations. She is again playing the Stand Up Bass in the Orchestra.
Bridget started 4th grade at WES. She has Mrs. Brady and Ms. Kind as her teachers. We were sad to hear that Mrs. Brady has kidney diesease and will be out quite a bit this year. Bridget is joining a school group called Kids in Action, that does local service projects. Bridget is now the only girl at the bus stop, a big change from previous years.









Oh, how life moves on with all its changes and challenges.
ReplyDeleteI LOVE SEEING ALL THOSE SMILES! Are Megan's glasses real, or the Harry Potter ones I saw Rae in once?Both girls look good in their glasses-or without.
When I was young and wore short shorts, I was never comfortable sitting on chairs without cushions. My legs stuck to the wood or plastic, so I sat on my tail, and that is not comfortable after awhile, either. I always think about that when I see girls at the bus stop in shorts, and wonder if it disturbs their school work. I was always in a uniform, so never experienced it at school. Just wondering.
Love and prayers for a great school year, girls -for Mom and Dad, too.
Gramma
Megan's glasses are real, she only has to use them for a little while when reading. It is part of maintiaing her vision therapy improvements.
ReplyDeleteThe girls do complain about sticking to chairs but I think they are used to it.
Thanks for the info.
DeleteLove to all,
Gramma Kate