Sunday, July 3, 2016

Graduation Party- Class of 2016

This felt like a big thing, this graduation from High School. And so we threw Emma a party, a big party.



We sent out invitations, and I started the planing. I made lists, and more lists and diagrams. I was daunted by feeding 80+ people while still getting a chance to enjoy the party, and so I decided to do a taco bar, that would let me put food out but not have to focus on it the whole time. I spent Saturday cooking and storing and working out time schedules. I had done decoration prep with Emma and Aunt Heather the week before, so the immediate time before the party was busy but not crazy.






After my Dad's 20th Anniversary of Ordination Mass and luncheon we headed home to get ready to host. Will, Heather and family came over early since they were up for Dad's Mass and they were very helpful. Heather worked with the girls to put up decorations and Will helped me carry food, set up the crock pots and deal with the sterno and chaffing dishes. Jim and the rest did all kinds of set up, while I dealt with food.

Guests started to arrive and the celebration began. Lots of family and friends joined us in our back yard and settled in. Emma commented later that it was strange being the center and greeting and saying goodbye to everyone as they came and went. Emma had a full table of friends who ate and socialized. She looked like she was having a great time.




We had lots of leftovers, so I spent the next few hours with the help of my cousin Steven, bagging food to freeze. Jim and the girls helped clean up and put away all of the tables and chairs. It was a family effort to celebrate. We are proud of Emma and we want to send her off into young adulthood surrounded by our love and support.



1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great family effort and pleasant time.

    Love to all.

    ReplyDelete