Tuesday, May 5, 2015

more of April - Megan Edition

April and it's showers have dried but I missed a few things I wanted to record so I am going back.

Megan spent the beginning of the month preparing for the STEM fair at school. She did a project with 2 friends about color preference differences between the sexes. They surveyed the whole 5th grade and tabulated the results, then they put together a colorful display board. Megan put on her most colorful tie dye shirt for the fair itself and prepared for interview questions. the interviewers all gave positive feedback and then when Megan didn't win a prize she was really disappointed. In tears she said after we left. I didn't expect to win a prize until the interviewers said how great the project was and then I did. She had moved past the disappointment by the next day.



 April also included some tipping toward middle school. Megan played in the side by side concert at the middle school with all of the local 5th grade bands and orchestras as well as the middle school band and orchestra. It is a huge event that Megan joined well with her huge Bass. Then later in the month Megan had a field trip to the middle school. Her whole class walked over to the middle school and they broke into groups to tour the school with NJHS middle school students. Rachael was one of the tour guides but not for Megan's group. Rachael said that Meg gave her a little wave and she returned the wave but then went over and gave her a hug in front of her friends. Megan hadn't expected the affection and was so thrilled. She was still basking in the joy of the experience when she told we about it that night.  Megan enjoyed her tour and is looking forward to her next 3 years being at CMS.

Megan also got in on the cool-aid. She dyed the tips of her hair in blue cool-aid. It turned out a very satisfying teal-ish green hue. She loves it.



1 comment:

  1. I feel so much better about this KoolAid thing since I was told there is no sugar. Should have figured that out myself.
    Had to really look trying to see Megan and her Bass. Finally I clicked on the photo. Amazing.
    She is a sweet go-getter.
    Love,
    Gramma Kate

    ReplyDelete