Tuesday, May 5, 2015

more of April- Bridget edition

April and it's showers have dried but I missed a few things I wanted to record so I am going back.

 
Workshop craft
Bridget had full month with Communion Prep. She went to the 1st Communion Workshop  with Papa and went into the sacristy and made a craft with a picture of Christ under the glittering Host. We discovered that the new DRE wasn't going to make First Eucharist Banners this year, so I gathered supplies for us to make it at home. I dropped her off at the 1st Communion rehearsal, this was good for her as she got a lot of answers to the details of the 1st Eucharist Mass. As the month went on she got more and more excited about the big day. We pulled out the dress and veil and after trying it on once she wanted to try it on every night. Everyone was excited to have Grandma Kate come visit to celebrate Bridget reception of the Sacrament. They got a chance to work together on cutting things out for the banner. 

Bridget also went on a hike with her Brownie troop in April and they painted the concrete playground bench at a local elementary school. It became a "buddy bench" where friends can gather and be safe. Bridget is enjoying Brownies and is bonding with her troop.

Easter Eggs

Bridget had 2 of 4 appointments in April to get her orthodontia started. She got braces on her 4 bottom front teeth and they took impressions for the next step. It didn't bother her very much. The next step is this week.
Making the banner with Grandma


1 comment:

  1. What a special time for me to be with her. I think it was super of her Mom to follow through on the banner.
    Little Miss is growing and maturing.
    Love,
    Gramma Kate

    ReplyDelete