We gathered at our house and then Jim drove Megan and her friends and I drove Rachael, her friends, and Hanna in the van. We meet up in the lobby and were assigned the Red Knight. We posed for our group picture and then headed to our seats in the arena. Megan and Rachael were both thrilled to be there with their friends and cheered as the tournament began. We were served our food and I had to laugh as Rachael's friend Sophia pulled out a fork and knife while the rest of us got our hands dirty. I wore Hanna in a carrier so I had 2 hands available to accomplish the task.
The horse show and the hawk demonstration were both impressive but the favorite part was the jousting and battles. There were lots of cheers for our knight as we waved our red flags. Rachael and her friend Kallie really got into the cheering and alternated yells. The kids all enjoyed a strawberry smoothie and birthday cake to add to the fun. They announced all of the special events during dinner but Megan and Rachael's birthdays were not mentioned. When I went out to change Hanna's diaper I checked in with the staff and they said they would add them in at the end.
At home Emma and Bridget had the house ready for the birthday girls to open gifts. I was impressed with the time and thought friends spent on hand-made cards. After gifts were opened there was just enough time for each birthday girl to play a game with her friends. Megan and Rachael were both sad to see the evening end but happy for the experience.



At first as I read this, I thought, "Poor Liz, she forgot..." Then I realized I had read it on FaceBook! This had more details and I loved reading and re-reading it!
ReplyDeleteLove to all,
Gramma Kate