Thursday, October 18, 2012

38 Weeks- named

I feel like I have been in labor for a week now, but erratic contractions every 10-45 minutes apart doesn't really count as labor at least not enough to go to the hospital and certainly not enough to stop other responsibilities. I had my 38 week doctor's appointment today and I have progressed to 2 cm and baby Pumpkin is a little lower. My OB had said if we hit the 3cm mark she would consider bringing me in to the hospital to break my waters. We haven't hit that point yet so we will continue to wait and let Pumpkin stay comfortable inside for a while longer.

We have continued to discuss names for Pumpkin as the weeks have gone by and we narrowed it down to Abigail and Johanna. Abigail happens to be in the top 10 most popular names so we decided to rule that out. Johanna was a late addition to our name list but Jim and I both like it. It means "God is Gracious" and I love that. We have had 2 middle names contenders for a while now. Jim likes Hope and I like Estelle, but since we decided on a J first name,  an F middle name seemed perfect. Pope Benedict just launched the Year of Faith and it seemed fitting to use Faith as her middle name. So after all of these weeks of indecision, we have Johanna Faith Kehrman, JFK, like her Papa.

I have a feeling that her nickname will stay Pumpkin for a while but Hanna has already been used as well. I can't wait to meet her and hold her and smell her.

I am trying not to be anxious about delivery. I am not worried about the pain of labor, truthfully I kind of look forward to the amazing experience that birth is, but I am worried about the logistics. Will we have enough time to get to the hospital? Will the girls get to be there like we all want? Especially Emma she really wants to be there for Johanna's arrival. Will I have another crazy quick labor? There is a huge countdown clock chiming in my head but it is too loud for me to actually hear what number we are on. At any chime it could be time.

1 comment:

  1. I am glad you spelled it. I think I put an extra "H" at the end in the parish prayer intention book this morning.God knows.
    JUST A LITTLE FAMILY TRIVIA: Estelle was my father's mother's name. I don't really remember her. She died with heart problems when I was young-but old enough to try to crawl into her casket and take a nap with Grandma, like I always did when we visited. She is also the woman who made the baptismal gown.

    I think it is special to have Faith because of the year of faith--and the initials, too.

    It will be so good to see each of you!!
    LOVE ya

    ReplyDelete