
Our home renovation focus has shifted from major home remodel and brand new spaces to the re-purposing of existing spaces. We are now scheduling contractors to bid on re-working our basement to accommodate a bedroom for Emma. The existing room in the basement that functions as Jim's room will be transformed into the needed bedroom. The exercise equipment and all of his things will need to find new homes and since our house isn't getting any bigger most of his things will be packed away. Jim began the process right away and has packed the majority of his shot glass collection already. His sports memorabilia will also be coming off the wall and the beer bottles will be stored. I don't have an appreciation for the things themselves that are being put away but I do appreciate the personal sacrifice this entails. Jim has enjoyed using the room as his own space but he has also graciously given it up for our growing family.

Emma is enjoying the prospect of a new blank slate and has a vision for her new bedroom. I introduced her to Pinterest.com and she is having a great time finding and pinning design ideas for the space on her board. The room shift also means we get to envision and put together a room for Pumpkin. I'll start with the pieces we have from the girl's nurseries and go from there but I know for sure that Emma's turquoise walls will become something softer. I am sure we will come up with something in the next 14 weeks. In the meantime Jim is being an amazing example of placing family first, and the girls have noticed his selflessness.
I am so proud. Thank you for sharing this, Liz. If I was an artist, I would make something proclaiming what I have been saying:
ReplyDeleteLOVE reigns in your home.
I think I will check out the website, too. Before we know it, I will have a family room to decorate.
Love to each of you