Thursday, June 14, 2012

Pregnancy Half Way point

Yesterday marked the 20 week point in Pumpkin's pregnancy. We are officially half way there. Half-way to delivery and meeting our little one. I can feel Pumpkin moving around sometimes but nothing has been dramatic enough for the rest of the family to share yet. It has been nice to be able to refer to Pumpkin as her or she and we are actively considering names. Right now Rachael's favorite is Scarlet and Emma's is Hazel. Jim would like to name her Stephanie in honor of his good friend Steve. I have a list of names that I like: including Julia, Estelle, Abigail and Monica. Bridget and Megan don't seem to have a front runner name. So for now Pumpkin is working well as a name.

20 weeks
It is nice to be in the 2nd trimester. These last few weeks have meant a big improvement in my energy level. I am not sure how I would have gotten through last week, and all it's responsibility, if I was still feeling completely exhausted.   I am grateful that my nausea is mostly gone now as well. I get really hungry, especially after breakfast, so I have taken up the habit of 2nd breakfast. I feel a bit like a hobbit.

We are still working on our plans for the house. We ruled out moving and are leaning to adding space. We are in the loan process and will have an appraisal done soon. This will determine how much we have to put into the renovation. We were hoping to add a 2nd floor but we may have to scale down the project  or do a garage takeover instead. I just wish we had a plan in place. Right now there are too many options to think about.

In the meantime Pumpkin continues to grow and receive loving words through my belly, and prayers are sent to heaven  for her every day. Bridget had been praying that baby Pumpkin wouldn't die and to our relief she has changed the prayer to something more upbeat asking for baby Pumpkin to be healthy and strong. We join her in all those prayers.

2 comments:

  1. You look great, Mom!

    Jim's great-grandmother Ryan, who died before I was 5, was Estelle. Her daughter, my Aunt, was Mary Estelle before she became Sr. Mary Allen, SSND.

    Now that is just a little family history. You have chosen beautifully in the past and I will wait for you to do it again.

    God bless Pumpkin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the history. It makes the name even better. Julia and Estelle are both family names. My great grandmother (on my mom's, mom's side) was Rose Estelle Martin.

    ReplyDelete