14 years ago, I was 23 and working as a restaurant manager, when I found out I was pregnant. Jim and I use NFP and my charts had been very erratic but they did not show a normal pregnancy pattern. Our baby had lodged in my Fallopian tube and could not grow. All at once I was sad but also filled with joy that we had a child even though I knew our child died. Jim and I both knew through our loss that we really wanted to be a part of creation. We conceived again a few months later, but this baby miscarried and we lost our second child. It was our 2nd child that I credit with making Emma survive. We found out that I had low progesterone and because Emma was conceived when my levels were still slightly elevated, I had time to start taking a supplement. Jim and I were both so afraid and hopeful. We prayed for her constantly and wanted so badly for her to grow. She did and my life has never been the same.
We are still praying for Emma and as I was reading the daily readings this week St. Paul's letter reflected my prayers for her.
Col 1:9-12
and asking that you may be filled with the knowledge of God's will
through all spiritual wisdom and understanding
to walk in a manner worthy of the Lord,
so as to be fully pleasing, in every good work bearing fruit
and growing in the knowledge of God,
strengthened with every power, in accord with his glorious might,
for all endurance and patience,
with joy giving thanks to the Father, who has made you fit to share
in the inheritance of the holy ones in light.
I pray that God continues to work in Emma's life as she enters her teenage years.
What a lovely verse to share. I will join you in prayer as Emma continues to grow to be a woman after God's own heart.
ReplyDeleteAmen.
ReplyDelete