Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Kitchen- Week 2

So the 2nd week of our kitchen renovation came and went. We have adjusted to eating in the basement, and the idea of dinner didn't make me want to run away. I was prepared to prep and cook some real meals and we were blessed to have friends drop a meal off for us one evening. I have to be honest though making lunches every morning in time for school still seems to require multiple trips up and down the stairs and both Jim and I dread the task. We have had them buy lunch a few times even though Emma doesn't like that buying cuts into her time to talk with her friends and Rachael is unimpressed with the food. Meg likes buying lunch but I think that is mostly because of chocolate milk.

Don our contractor, wasn't at our house 2 days during the week due to family needs, but John and the electrician were here. Visually it didn't look like much got done in the renovation but they did lots of the behind the walls items like wiring and moving the gas line. Until the end of the week when the new drywall went in. They put it right over the plaster walls, it will look much cleaner and the extra layer will help make up for the complete lack of insulation in the walls. Our cabinets were delivered on Tuesday and they now pack the garage, with 3 that didn't fit winding up in the dining room. Don opened one of the boxes for me so I could have a cabinet to take with me to pick flooring and counter-top, and paint. On Friday Jim and I picked out the new vinyl  flooring, new ceiling fan and dining room light fixture. I can't wait till we start to see the new things in place.


New wiring run through the basement ceiling

Maple Cabinets with a Mocha Glaze
 

new dry wall before the window casing is replaced 

end of week 2

No comments:

Post a Comment