This was a Girl Scout Event that I was not particularly looking forward to. We didn't sign up to go with Rachael's troop because we didn't want to plan a circus skit and the girls weren't into it. Megan's Daisy troop did have a pony song to do but 3 out of 4 meetings were canceled and they didn't prepare at all. Megan was still excited. I brought her to the dress rehearsal where they learned their song and routine for the first time. The girls were dressed as horses and had a cute little song about ponies at a circus. They learned it really fast and would be adorable even if they didn't sing loud.Emma's troop was doing a "Little Mermaid" dance, which she was underwhelmed by, so instead she volunteered to do the lights. It happened that it was also her friends birthday and they were all going to hang out at the mall together. Emma was a bit oblivious to the fact that these things would overlap but we wound up making it work. She went to her friend's house right after church and they all went to the mall together. Our family all went to the mall to pick her up and pick up the girls portraits, then we were off the the Talent show.
When we got there one of the leaders approached me to ask if Emma could work the curtain. Emma was already committed but I suggested Rachael would be willing. Indeed she was. I was helping with Megan's troop so I was there at the dress rehearsal and knew the line-up. Megan's pony show went on first and she did a great job prancing to the music. Rachael was a little nervous at first and asked me to stay and help tell her what to do with each act. I stayed behind the curtains with her. Rachael took her duty seriously and made sure to follow the stage directions and the curtain variations the show required. Rae did great.I got a peek at Emma with the techs and she was on top of her duties as well. Emma enjoyed learning lighting terms and using the equipment. The 3 scouts enjoyed their roles in the talent show and I think the show was fun for Jim and Bridget in the audience as well. It came out well above my expectations. It ended in time for everyone to get home well before the Super-bowl. When we got home Emma got a text from her friends saying they were still at the mall, Em was so excited when we agreed to drive her back out there. She had a blast trying on shoes and dresses and being silly with friends for a few more hours. The giddy Emma was dropped off during the 1st quarter of the game. Rachael was decked out in Packer gear and we all had a blast cheering the Packers on to a Super-Bowl victory.

WHAT A VERY BUSY DAY!!!
ReplyDeleteCheers to Mom and Dad for keeping it rolling along. So glad everyone had a great day-including the Packers.
Love to all.