I'll walk by Rachael who at some point between activities has turned a box into a loft bed, complete with ladder, bedding, desk and chair. She doesn't seem to need very much time to start on some new endeavor. Recently Rachael decided that she wasn't getting the result she wanted from her finger knitting so she made a loom, out of crayons, rubber bands, and a cardboard tube. With this loom she then made a blanket for Speckles. I wonder when all of this happened and I wonder too what else I missed.
Today I went outside to check on the girls, to discover that Rachael was painting our little blueish green plastic rocking horse - brown. Water and dirt make a great brown paint. She works so fast and changes projects so swiftly I can't keep up. I am in awe of her. It is humbling to realize that she works on a different level and at a faster speed than I do.
Emma too blows me away. We were playing an online logic game called Civiballs from the site www.coolmath-games.com and the speed with which she visually solved these physics problems left me with my mouth open. You should try and let me know if it is just me who thinks these are challenging.
I have to remind myself that God knows what he is doing and that He will give us the grace we need to parent them well. We just need to remember to ask.
Well, I tried and didn't get passed level 3. I am thinking I don't 'get it'. But it was fun trying. This should not surprise anyone who has seen me attempt different Wii games. Right, Em?
ReplyDeleteI was just wondering yesterday if Rachael was still knitting. Good going, Rae!