Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Little Bal - lal- let

     There are gobs of ballet classes out there but I needed one that fit perfectly into our life. It took a whole lot of effort but I did find a great pre-school ballet class for 3 and 4 year olds on Tuesday mornings. It is called creative movement and Bridget loves it. She and Sarah put on their leotards and pink tights eagerly each Tuesday morning and as soon as Rachael and Megan get on the bus we head out to dance class.


      Bridget has been talking about doing bal-lal-let, as she calls it, for a year now. She used to love to watch Megan during practice last year and knew since Sarah took dance she should be able to do dance too. It is a big perk for Bridge that she gets to take dance with her best friend and cousin, Sarah. They are amazing students, they pay attention to Ms. Elaine and follow her instructions well. I am so pleased with the class. They learn ballet positions and stretches while using their imaginations. They walk like flamingos with pointed toes and do plies pretending they are making diamonds and doghouses. She reads them part of a story that is a traditional ballet version of Sleeping Beauty, complete with pictures and then they get to put on wings and colorful skirts. They end with each girl performing her own dance and the others are the audience.


      When we get home and I start making lunch, the girls play ballet class in the living room. Bridget would stay in her leotard and ballet shoes all day if I let her, but she is willing to take them off so that they stay nice for class. She asks me most mornings if it is bal-lal-let day and is so excited when the answer is yes.

2 comments:

  1. Precious, just so precious.
    Love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am usually treated to a performance Tuesday night of what she has learned.

    ReplyDelete