Geraldine Ryan
1/16/1921 - 7/23/2008

The news and reality of GG's passing has been felt deeply throughout the family.
GG has been on each of our minds and in quiet moments each of the big girls have expressed their sadness. A few days ago as Megan was looking at books in her room, I came in for their laundry and she said to me sadly "I miss GG". I told her I did too but that I was also happy that she was in heaven. "with Jesus!" Megan added with a smile.
I asked the girls for some things they remembered about GG and this is what they said:
- GG was funny
- She let us watch movies in her room
- She liked to send us new clothes
- GG loved us very much
- She gave me a cookie
- GG let me play with her necklaces
- I miss Grandma GG
Dec 2002
We feel very blessed to have been able to see her and visit with her during our Colorado visit just a few days before her death. We were also blessed to witness the true unconditional love and sacrifice of family, as Mom and Dad cared for GG so lovingly in her last days. I think because of this example our girls now have a truer understanding of what it means to take care of one another. Her funeral Mass will be celebrated on Aug. 2nd in St. Louis MO.
O Loving God
To the departed whom we now remember, may peace and bliss be granted in life eternal. May she find grace and mercy before the Lord of heaven and earth. May her soul rejoice in the good which God has prepared for those who fear Him, and may her memory be a blessing to those who treasure it. Amen.
Our thoughts are with you and your family. We are so sorry to hear of your loss. We love you all.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteWhat a special blog to honor Mom. Thank you.
ReplyDelete