What a wonderful world! It is a better place to be when Bridget is there to share it.
I am so blessed to be Bridget's mother and we were eager to celebrate Bridget's birthday. I let her lead and it turned into a beautiful celebration. Bridget's birthday was on a Wednesday and she had the week off of school so we knew her Mt de Sales classmates were off but that her public school friends still had school. We were a little leery of rising Covid cases but decided with masks and vaccines we could still move ahead. the plan was for Bridget to go thrifting on Wednesday with friends. I would drive them to the big thrift store and drop them off to thrift for a few hours. A few girls backed out that morning because of ice, but there was a good group. They had so much fun, shopping, laughing, trying things on, and each finding some items that they liked. Bridget found a good sweater, pewter pitcher and heeled black boots. After I picked them up they walked to Cafe d' Roma for lunch. Bridget was all smiles as she retired to her room with her haul.
That evening Jim went and picked up Olive Garden for dinner at Bridget's request, and we plated the meal and had a great family dinner. Emma and Rachael both joined us for the festivities. Bridget opened her gifts of clothes and bedding, and then we headed off to Baskin Robbins for birthday ice cream.
When we got back we decided to watch a movie and Bridget chose Parent Trap. It was a fun family night and it was a delight to reveal in the gift that Bridget is to our lives.
The day after her birthday I dropped her off to hang out with 2 of her public school friends. Again she came home happy and smiling. It was so reassuring to see her enjoy her life. She has had a hard year and her stress levels have increased a lot with the school year. She is not enjoying Mt de Sales and we are talking about whether or not it is a good fit for her. We aren't sure what direction this next year will go but we know that God has plans for her good, and I am covering her in prayer.
Jeremiah 29:11 "For surely I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord, plans for your welfare and not for harm, to give you a future with hope" NRSV
Bridget has always brought light to my heart and my world and there is light in her future.
Happy 15th Birthday Bridget!
No comments:
Post a Comment