August 2019
With Senior year of college about to begin, Emma's lease was up and she decided that it was time for a new place and new roommates. 4 friends will share a 2 bedroom/ 2 bath apartment but the best part is that it is really close to work and campus and the campus shuttle stops nearby. Her new lease started 2 weeks before her old lease so it gave her some time to get all of her stuff over.
Moving requires a crew, so Papa, the sisters, and I went up on a Saturday and spent the day working on moving the bigger pieces. We made a few trips from her old to her new apartment and got the big stuff done. The one big thing we weren't moving was a bed. The bed she had been using belonged to Mary Ellen, her old roommate, so Emma was in search of a new bed.
We grabbed lunch at Panera in-between loads. And although Emma still had many small items to pack and move, we were proud of a hard days work. The search for a bed stayed with me, so I decided to do some online searching and I found a few second hand options. Within a few days I secured one, and Jim and I picked it up and got it loaded into the van. Then on Sunday, the girls (this time including Rachael, who had been working the previous weekend) joined me to meet Emma and deliver her bed.
It didn't take us long to get the bed up the stairs and set up in Emma's room.
Knowing that she had a good place to sleep let me sleep well that night.







No comments:
Post a Comment