Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Emma turns 19

Sept 2017

     Our sweet baby girl turned 19. Emma had already moved back to school but came home Labor Day weekend for a night, so we could soak up a little more time with her and wish her a "Happy Birthday" in person.
    She was training that weekend for her new waitressing job. It is a small Persian restaurant, named Vellagio, a few blocks down from the college and she had a friend who worked there and got her connected.
    We took her out to dinner and shopping for a few things that she wanted, before she was off again. She was ready to go back this year, to see all of  her friends and school family. Emma has made connections and really enjoys what she is studying. She has stepped into leadership as a member of the Queer Student Union Executive board and I have no doubt that she is a valuable contributor. She is a gifted woman and she is learning and honing many of her gifts as she progresses through her art program. I love to see her creations. She works hard and is passionate and she can debate. I love her.

    I miss her more this year, she is growing and moving beyond my world. I trust her to God's care and I pray for her daily.

Happy Birthday Emma!


No comments:

Post a Comment