The sisters all pitched in to clean up and decorate. Bridget worked on the food list and color scheme, and gave us idea on the games she wanted to play. With violet decorations, strawberries, carrots, sour cream and onion chips, cheese-its and Oreos in hand we were ready for the creation of the scavenger hunt. I enlisted the help of Emma and Claire to help me come up with rhyming clues, as I worked on icing the birthday cake.
Bridget's friends arrived and we started with a game of hangman. Megan and I put this into action and we had a big laugh that both she and I made spelling mistakes. Luckily we were able to make edits before there was a negative impact on the game itself. After the phrase was uncovered the group got their first clue. Each clue had to be deciphered to figure out where they needed to go for the next activity. They moved around the house playing pictionary, solving mason cyphers, doing word scrambles, and (I think everyone's favorite) moving a cookie from the forehead to the mouth.
Bridget has a such a nice group of friends, and they worked well together. The last clue lead them to the oven where they found Bridget's birthday cake. Bridget wanted to be surprised. She had asked for a light purple cake with tiers, decorated with a sheep on it. Megan helped place the candles and we lit all ten and moved to the living to room to sing. Bridget was happy.
After cake and ice cream the girls went downstairs and played charades. There was laughing and smiling and a special day for Bridget.









No comments:
Post a Comment