Sunday, May 29, 2016

Senior Prom

Emma had beautiful weather for her Senior Prom. It had rained the whole week prior and the week after, but the day of the prom was sunny and beautiful. Emma borrowed a dress from a friend and decided to wear her hair long this year.

We wind up doing everything last minute, and the first time I saw her in the dress was a few hours before she had to leave. The dress fit really well but it was low cut. It made me uncomfortable and I think it made Em a little uncomfortable too. She didn't object when I went scrambling through our dress ups to find fabric that matched. I found a tiny little dance skirt that matched the dress, I cut the dressup and did a quick sewing job. It turned out great, but the time I spent on that put us behind on doing her hair. Em found a video that had step by step directions, so we did it quickly. I didn't have time to secure everything the way I would have liked but it looked good, even if it wouldn't stay that way all night.

I drove Em to meet up with her friends at a friends house where they did pictures. We were late but still had time to get in some pictures well before the limo arrived. This year the prom was downtown in the Grand Ballroom at the Marriott Waterfront and they had dinner reservation at Sabatinos in Little Italy, then the would be coming back to her friends for a sleepover.






1 comment:

  1. When PawPaw showed me the picture on Facebook, I did not notice a possible modesty insert--great job.
    Is that a girl dressed in a tux or a very busy escort for all the young ladies?!
    I remember all the joy I witnessed last year. Helps bring the photos ALIVE.
    Love to all,
    Gramma Kate

    ReplyDelete