15, Seriously fifteen, 10+5, 15. I didn't get to this post in 2015, but Rachael turned the year again just like she has for the previous 14. Being born in 2000 has its benefits, such as people being able to easily calculate one's age. 2015 came with some distinctive changes for Rachael. She is a young adult and looks and acts like it. She is comfortable in her own skin and has a wonderful sense of self. We were at a pre-Christmas party with her friend group. I was hanging with the parents in the kitchen and the teenagers were in and out as they socialized with each other and grabbed snacks. Rachael walked in the kitchen, interacted with the parents, grabbed a cookie, gave me a kiss and a hug. One dad with whom she spoke asked "Rachael, where do you get your confidence?". "My Mom" she replied and she bounded out of the room. Without hesitation she gave me credit. I didn't take it as she is following my example but instead that I help her realize, she is who she is supposed to be because God created her intentionally. It might just be the best compliment I have gotten from my kids. She really is an impressive girl.
Rachael's birthday started with waffles and bacon and a lazy holiday feel. After breakfast we all sat around the table and played a new game called "Read my List". It was fun to hang out together. Em was the only one missing as she was in PA and heading to NYC with Maura. Rachael took on the mantel of oldest sister perfectly. She asked to have a few friends over that evening to hang out, so beforehand we had a fun dinner of Doracos (tacos in a bag of Dortitos) per her request and it was a hit. Rachael opened her gifts and then we got ready for her friends.Rachael and her friends played games and goofed around. Three of the girls stayed the night and they stayed up really late but luckily also slept in really late. Rachael just looked happy the whole time and I couldn't have asked for a better feeling than seeing myr child happy. I love her!


That is a terrific compliment. And Rae is a terrific Rae! Can't imagine her any other way-or would I want to.
ReplyDeleteLove to all,
Gramma Kate