The end of the school year has come with some opportunities for the girls to experience new things and I was blessed to be able to take of of work to go along.Megan's 5th grade class loaded up in buses and drove to Philadelphia. We had a great tour guide and got to see the liberty bell, a print shop, Ben Franklin's grave, Christ Church, and then we had a tour of Independence Hall. We slowed down our pace after we found a great cheese steak place and relaxed for lunch. Megan held hands with friends and thoroughly enjoyed herself exploring Phily.

Then just last week Rachael's 8th grade took buses to Northbay Adventure Camp. She had spent a week here in the 6th grade and loved coming back. Our small group was full of her friends and we started with kayaking in the bay. Then we went to the zip-line. Rachael brought her adventure camera and took video as she went down. We had enough time so I decided to face my fear and make the jump as well. The group played games, and did the ropes course, the giant swing and ended with Rachael dangling happily from the rock wall as the guy doing the bole humored her so she could swim mid air, and have a dramatically slow descent. It was a beautiful day, with a beautiful group of girls.



I am on PawPaw's computer-but this is really Gramma.
ReplyDeleteWhat adventures the women in the Kehrman family have had!
Seems to me I read a blog about a Mom who was too tired to do a lot of the things to make life special for her family. So, 'Mom'-what are you taking? I want some!!
God bless you, Liz.
And my love to each of you as you all work together for your wonderful family life and memories.
Love, Gramma Kate