This trip was was notable for the Mexican Train Domino's games we would play after Johanna went to bed. It is a great numbers and strategy game that everyone has a fair chance at winning. We kept staying up late to play so the girls got silly some nights, and Bridget got a little emotional other nights when her plan got derailed. But it was all fun.
Grandma got through a number of reading session with Johanna and Bridget, and I don't think she feel asleep once. Johanna loves to have stories read to her and she reads to others as well. Bridget put on her glasses and did her reading homework with Grandma one night. It reminded my of all of the other visits where Grandma snuggled with a little girl or two for a story. It is always time that they treasure.
We went out to dinner the last night of her visit. Rachael was raving about Mission BBQ and the girls all wanted to go (including Grandma), so they were motivated to get homework done so we could go out on a school night. We took 2 cars and the girls all wanted a turn to ride with Grandma so we switched seats on the way back. We played one more game of Train Dominos before we sent the girls to bed well past their bedtime.








I do know that I am loved by our MD family!!!!
ReplyDeleteI had told Jim on the phone that when I got there I wanted to sit on the sofa and just be loved by the girls. (I had been having some stressful times.) And as soon as possible Jim sat me down and called the girls, except Em, over to 'love on me'. The beginning of a great visit. I missed Em, but she was where she should be; that even brought me peace and love.
And not to let Mom and Dad out, all their thoughtfulness to make my visit special did not go unnoticed or unappreciated.
Thanks to each and everyone of you.
Love,
Gramma Kate