Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Johanna turns 2!

(To the tune of "Oh my darling Clementine")

"Oh Johanna, Oh Johanna,
How I love my Hanna Faith.
I love my little Hanna and I want to kiss her face."

We sing this pretty much every day and each time she presents her face to me for a big kiss. I love this and I love her.

Our Johanna is two years old. and she is a delightful little girl. She loves to play with her small characters: little people, plastic animals, Bridget's calico critters and polly pockets, and Megan's giraffes. Johanna is a big fan of the laptop and the games on our phones, luckily I have found some great toddler apps for her to play. Hanna loves wooden puzzles, especially her animals and letter puzzles. She dumps them out and adroitly rotates and flips pieces to find the right fit. But by far her favorite activity is reading books. Lots and lots of books. She is so lucky to have so many readers available to her to satisfy her desire for a story. She will sit for book after book and then ask for more. Hanna's vocabulary is growing rapidly. She and I go to the library once a week for story time and we get a few new books. We can't stay very long looking for books because Hanna has a tendency to take off running. We are working on "staying with Mama"


We celebrated Hanna's birthday, Ben's birthday and Lilian's birthday with the family, back in early October. So on Hanna's actual birthday we kept the fun in house. Hanna was the first to wake up on Sunday but she was happily playing in her crib, so instead of going to her directly, Jim and I rounded up the sisters and we went into her room signing Happy Birthday. She cried a little and then I opened up her curtain and she cried that it was too bright. Hanna usually wakes up in a good mood and this was definitely not the case on her birthday. She did settle down after a few minutes and then she was happy for the attention. She had a hard time at Mass, but was really excited to get to eat a doughnut after church. We came home and she got to open her presents.





I'm Two!


She really liked this. She tore through the clothes but as soon as she got to the puzzle that PawPaw made her, she singled in on dumping it out and putting it together. She got it all together and we were going to move to the next gift but she dumped it out and started again. She loved it and didn't have any trouble with rotating pieces and getting the right color for the right spot. We gave her some Frozen figures and she wanted those opened immediately.

We had soccer games to go to so we packed and split up. It was chilly and windy and Hanna got fussy, by the afternoon she was really not herself . It was becoming more obvious that she was getting a cold. She got a nap and a dinner of her favorite pasta with red sauce followed by cake and singing so it worked out to be a very good day.


Happy 2nd Birthday Johanna!

1 comment:

  1. Such a sweetie pie! Wait until I tell PawPaw to read the blog! He will be so happy to read how she loved the puzzle. I'm not going to tell him ahead of time.

    The flame on her candle looks like a light bulb in the photo. Silly, but it just caught my eye.
    You will have to work on Hanna's math. :-)

    Miss each of you sooooo much.
    Love and prayers,
    Gramma Kate

    ReplyDelete