Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Downton Abbey Party

Emma, Rachael, and I have become big fans of the BBC series Downton Abbey. The show is in it's 4th season but we only discovered it this past summer. Our summer included a number of Downton Abbey marathons as we caught up on the past episodes. Emma so thoroughly enjoyed it that she asked for the DVDs for her birthday, and this provided us the opportunity to watch the episodes again in a more leisurely way. We also discovered that our new passion is shared by many of our friends and we were all eagerly anticipating the season 4 premiere.

This excitement turned into a plan for a premiere watching party, complete with doily bunting, tea sandwiches, fine china and silver, trivia, a drinking and bingo game, and a painted mural. We divided tasks among friends and  our family handled the decorations and games. I had a blast finding images and sayings to watch and listen for during our games. Emma spent a few hours of her Winter break painting the abbey and we strung doilies while re-watching the season 3 finale.

The party itself was wonderful as we were surrounded by others who were just as excited as we were. The food was great and the 2 hour episode didn't disappoint.






1 comment:

  1. How fun!! What great memories you all make together. Such blessings...Praise the LORD!
    I never seem to be around the TV when it is on. Maybe I need to borrow the DVDs?
    Love to all,
    Gramma Kate

    ReplyDelete