Since Hanna started crawling she has been gaining confidence and her sense of adventure. I like to give her the opportunity to crawl and cruise, and this means everything below 2 feet is in play. Hanna checks everything out and recently discovered that she can see outside if the front door is open. Our little Pumpkin even snuck out onto the porch. Ben was over and he and Hanna were playing. I had to respond to the cable tech via online chat so I was in the office. Then I heard the front screen door tap against the frame and I came out of the office to see Hanna sitting on the front porch looking back at me with a smile. I am not sure how she squeezed through the door without getting stuck or falling onto the porch, but there she was. Now the screen gets locked and she loves to stand there looking out on the world.Hanna has been taking more and more steps on her own and when she loses her balance I am happy to say that she is skilled at bending her knees and landing softly on her bottom. She has taken a minor tumble or two but for the most part she is learning to walk without much difficulty. If her sisters hold her hands she takes off running. The activity does wear her out and by 7:30 or 8, she is ready for bed. Hanna gets fidgety when she is tired and is impossible to hold when adrenaline is keeping her going. When I carry her into her room, she rubs the back of her sleepy head and snuggles a burp cloth and leans into her crib. I am glad for this good evening sleep pattern. Her days aren't as predictable and she puts up a fuss at naptime. One funny thing that I have noticed is that she doesn't like to have her feet covered by a blanket. She must get this from Jim. If I lay her down and cover her up she will kick and kick until her feet are free from the covers. She doesn't mind footy pajamas or socks, just the blankets on her feet. She is happy to have a blanket on the rest of her. I love that at 10 months she is so distinct.
Our little Hanna leaves a tornado's path behind her, and she fits right in.



She is a blessing. At that age John did not like having his toes covered either. He was fine with footy pajamas, but no socks and no blankets. He just recently allowed me to cover his toes for bedtime. Hugs for Hanna.
ReplyDelete10 months already!! I'm sure I am not the only one amazed by that fact. Such cute photos and descriptions.
ReplyDeleteThank you.