 |
| September 1998 |
My little elf eared newborn that slept almost constantly her first week, is now 14 years old. Emma is an amazing kid and I am so glad to say that she is mine. Her birthday was on a Thursday this year and celebrating during the mid-week of back to school season was a little crazy but we made sure to get plenty of birthday fun in. We modified our breakfast in bed tradition because Emma gets up at 6AM and that was too early for everyone to be up. Emma was happy to get up and get ready and then have the family join her for pancakes made by Papa. There was no morning dragging and instead everyone bounded out of bed to say Happy Birthday and share breakfast. Then we sent Emma off to the bus. Rachael started a serenade of Happy Birthday from the front door that Megs, Bridge and I joined in on as Emma walked down the street. Emma was beaming.
 |
| Stringing the New Bow |
That evening when everyone got home Emma opened her gifts from us. The highlight being a bow, with arrows. She can't wait to take it out and shoot. That evening was Back to School night for high school and being rookies we really needed to go. We made a quick dash to dinner at a local favorite picked by Em, Matthews 1600. Dinner was pleasant and I so enjoyed that all of my girls love to share the happenings in their days. Jim then dropped me off at the high school and took the girls to get a treat at Sweet Frog, a frozen yogurt shop. Everyone got to bed late that night. We were all having fun, celebrating Emma.
 |
| Birthday Dinner |
Then on Saturday we had Em's friends over for pizza, cake and presents and then Jim took the 6 teenagers to the mall to see a movie. Emma was hoping for Wreck it Ralph an animated comedy but that isn't out yet so they decided to see a completely different genre "The Dark Knight Rises".
 |
| With her Mocking Jay Cake |
Emma has been grinning non-stop for days. I love it! She is worth celebrating.
No comments! I must have gotten interrupted when I first read this.
ReplyDeleteEmma, you are a special young lady.
I will never forget our time together your first year and a half. As your sisters started their life, being so far away, I would remember you and the things you did. Then imagine each of them doing the same. Each of you are different and special in your own ways. But the memories of you and us, sure helped me and my heart.
I also have memories of each of you from the times we have been together and stories I heard. PawPaw and I are so blessed with our sons and daughter and granddaughters. Praise the LORD!
Love to all