Last Thursday Bridget and I had the rare opportunity of day just to ourselves. The big girls were at school and the cousins were all on a field trip, and it was a beautiful day. I talked it over with Bridge and she really wanted to go to the tire park. It is a state park with a playground made of recycled tires. We packed a snack and off we went. The tire park only has a few things that Bridget likes to play on, one is a series of tires half buried in the ground. She walked across them over and over, while I held her hand. We chatted as she stretched from tire to tire. Then we decided to walk on one of the hiking trails. It was a little cool in the shade of the tall trees but we warmed up as we got moving. Bridget pointed things out a long the way and slid her little hand in mine as we walked. Bridget was hoping to find a waterfall but no luck on this trail. She followed the blue trail markers and I got a chance to really enjoy her talkativeness. She lived up to her Jabberjaws nickname as we walked. We only spent a couple of hours at the park but it was perfect. We time we spent together enjoying creation and each other, hand in hand.
Monday, May 21, 2012
Walk in the woods with Bridget
Last Thursday Bridget and I had the rare opportunity of day just to ourselves. The big girls were at school and the cousins were all on a field trip, and it was a beautiful day. I talked it over with Bridge and she really wanted to go to the tire park. It is a state park with a playground made of recycled tires. We packed a snack and off we went. The tire park only has a few things that Bridget likes to play on, one is a series of tires half buried in the ground. She walked across them over and over, while I held her hand. We chatted as she stretched from tire to tire. Then we decided to walk on one of the hiking trails. It was a little cool in the shade of the tall trees but we warmed up as we got moving. Bridget pointed things out a long the way and slid her little hand in mine as we walked. Bridget was hoping to find a waterfall but no luck on this trail. She followed the blue trail markers and I got a chance to really enjoy her talkativeness. She lived up to her Jabberjaws nickname as we walked. We only spent a couple of hours at the park but it was perfect. We time we spent together enjoying creation and each other, hand in hand.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



How special!
ReplyDeleteLove to all