Bridget is hard not to enjoy. She still has huge cheeks and a generous smile. Bridget is usually the first one up in the morning and either curls up on the sofa or crawls into one of our laps to snuggle. This year she started fixing her own breakfast and dressing herself and she keeps growing up. She has ventured into the world of friends who are not related to her and into the world of school, both of which she approached with cautious eagerness. Bridge has her opinions and instead of wearing dresses everyday she has switched to pants. She still likes dresses but complains about leggings and tights, so I am hopeful that she will make use of the cute dresses when the weather warms up again. Bridget is a talker, like her sisters, and Jim affectionately calls her Jabberjaws. Sometimes she tells us her opinions, sometimes stories, and sometimes just talks to be heard. She holds her place in our family quite well.
Friday, December 30, 2011
5th for Bridget
My baby isn't much of a baby anymore and I don't know if I have come to terms with this. As each of the others hit a milestone there was always a younger one who had yet to reach it. But now I'm pushing 40 (well I'm 38) and not pregnant so the prospects of having another child who has these milestones in their future are slim. All of a sudden things are becoming the past and that is where they will stay. Jim and I have had so many people tell us to treasure these crazy times. For the most part I think that I am. I have those cranky moments when I wish they would just stop talking but I wouldn't trade this for the world. Bridget hit her newest milestone, her 5th birthday, and I am treasuring it.
Bridget is hard not to enjoy. She still has huge cheeks and a generous smile. Bridget is usually the first one up in the morning and either curls up on the sofa or crawls into one of our laps to snuggle. This year she started fixing her own breakfast and dressing herself and she keeps growing up. She has ventured into the world of friends who are not related to her and into the world of school, both of which she approached with cautious eagerness. Bridge has her opinions and instead of wearing dresses everyday she has switched to pants. She still likes dresses but complains about leggings and tights, so I am hopeful that she will make use of the cute dresses when the weather warms up again. Bridget is a talker, like her sisters, and Jim affectionately calls her Jabberjaws. Sometimes she tells us her opinions, sometimes stories, and sometimes just talks to be heard. She holds her place in our family quite well.
This year as her birthday approached, Bridget tracked the days and was beside herself to open her gifts. Each day she optimistically asked to open a gift, and then tried to negotiate to open just one. On the actual day she knew the routine and stayed in bed awaiting our appearance with a tray of bacon and pancakes and homemade cards. She didn't quite understand that we would be having a birthday party for her in January but she settled into just enjoying her day. Two days before her birthday, preschool had her birthday celebration and she helped make a pink crown, so on her real birthday Bridge wore the crown and a smile that engulfed her whole body. She is a treasure and I am happy to hold these moments even if only as memories.
Bridget is hard not to enjoy. She still has huge cheeks and a generous smile. Bridget is usually the first one up in the morning and either curls up on the sofa or crawls into one of our laps to snuggle. This year she started fixing her own breakfast and dressing herself and she keeps growing up. She has ventured into the world of friends who are not related to her and into the world of school, both of which she approached with cautious eagerness. Bridge has her opinions and instead of wearing dresses everyday she has switched to pants. She still likes dresses but complains about leggings and tights, so I am hopeful that she will make use of the cute dresses when the weather warms up again. Bridget is a talker, like her sisters, and Jim affectionately calls her Jabberjaws. Sometimes she tells us her opinions, sometimes stories, and sometimes just talks to be heard. She holds her place in our family quite well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Happy BD to Bridget!!
ReplyDeleteWe love your blogging. Are you saving these off the site and your computer? I would hate to hear all this got lost. Your grandchildren will enjoy them, I am sure.
Love to all!