Bridget wanted to be Princess Tiana. This is what she was last year and I was happy to get the extra use out of it. She asked me to put her hair in a bun and do the curls like Tiana has.
Emma wanted to be the red angry bird. I spent a few evenings working out the features and made adjustments with Emma's input. We used a long red cape, that Great Aunt Mickey had made, as the base of the costume and just pinned everything on. She got complements at school for it but a friend of hers who made her own yellow angry bird costumes kept getting compared negatively vs. Emma's costume. I was proud Emma defended her friend by saying something to the effect of "I didn't make mine my mom did, but she made her own and it turned out great."
VERY Proud that Em thought more about her friend's feelings then the "praise" and positive attention directed towards her.
ReplyDelete