Claudia is the 18th grandchild for my parents and we excitedly waited for her to arrive. Back in November we had a baby shower for Magaly and Claudia as we looked forward to her birth. The girls of the family came together at my house for conversation and tiny gifts. Heather came up with the idea to make a baby blanket, so a few days before, she came over and we spent hours preparing squares. On the day of the shower each little girl joined an adult to help tie knots and together we made a beautiful fleece blanket for Claudia.
I told Magaly that I would love to help her through labor and I was so giddy when my Mom called me to let me know that Joe and Magaly were on the way to the hospital and they asked her to call me. What an honor. It was after 10 PM so my girls were asleep, Jim just looked at me grinned and said "go". Joe and Magaly were just checked into a room at the hospital when I arrived. It didn't take long before Magaly could no longer chat and instead worked through each contraction. Watching my brother support his wife and comfort her was an unexpected blessing. Labor was just that and Magaly got through it gracefully. Claudia slipped out early in the morning only a few hours after contractions started. I was awestruck. God is good! And Claudia is adorable. I was so glad to see this sweet little one come into this world and then be sealed for Christ.
I love this post. You wrote it so well. Welcome to the Church, Claudia!
ReplyDelete