Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Our Fourth is 4

A few days before Christmas Bridgie Rose turned 4 years old. Her day began with breakfast in bed and ending by going out to dinner to her choice of restaurant. She chose the Double T diner. She was incredibly excited for her birthday and especially the presents. She giggled her way through the unwrapping and we couldn't help but have a good time watching her delight.

Bridget was so excited to tell everyone who acknowledged her birthday all about what she received. A number of family members called her on her birthday and she was thrilled for the opportunity to share her excitement. She spoke so fast and excitedly I don't think most people could follow her. But they all got the gist. She was one happy little girl.

Bridget has decided that 4 is pretty big. We let her try chewing gum some time ago but she swallowed it so we put it off till the big age of 4. Well the day after her birthday she asked for gum and was so proud to be chewing it again. As she was chewing it and telling us that she wouldn't swallow it she accidentally swallowed it again. Her poor little checks hung so low with disappointment. 4 is big but maybe gum needs to wait a little while longer.

One other item that was to change with the turning of 4 was the guard rail on her bottom bunk. It has been on there since she feel out of bed at age 2 3/4 and broke her collar bone. She asked to take it off this summer and I told her to wait till age 4. I feel a little hesitant with removing this safety feature. A broken bone is a bigger deal than swallowed gum, but 4 is pretty big. Right?

2 comments:

  1. Right!! Even if she does take a tumble, it is not so far a fall before her bigger body touches the floor. Got to give them wings.
    When I talk, I have lost many a cough drop or piece of gum, if I don't remember to tuck it over to the outside of my teeth by my cheek until I finish talking, laughing, or even coughing.
    In her pictures, she looks just like she sounded on the phone.
    Love to all

    ReplyDelete