The kitchen has been a real boredom buster for her. Rachael frequently asks to make lunch or snack and now that I am more confident in her skills, I will let her take the lead. Just this week I was trying to sew scout patches and badges on the girls' vests but it was very stop and go because of constant interruptions. Rachael asked to make dinner and suggested nachos. Why not? So with a little help she prepped nachos. It was too early for dinner and she was bubbly with eagerness and kept asking for other things to make. I suggested brownies and she was off. I didn't have to help more then tell her which bottle of oil to use. Start to finish she did it. She was covered in brownie batter, but I figure if you are going to live you might as well be covered in it. The brownies were great for dessert and I managed to get some badges attached.
| Pineapple mango smoothie |
This interest in cooking could prove to be very helpful.
I remember last spring when she was home from school with me (that throat virus), she did a super smoothie. Yum! What fun pics, too.
ReplyDeleteLove to all!