Megan really likes school and is proud to show me her good behavior stickers. She is also eager to share the booklets that she makes as she masters new site words. She is filling notebooks with lists and lists and lists of words as she practices her skills. Even if she doesn't always know what the word is she is honing her writing skills. I really wish I was in her school regularly, but even with the parent visitation days and conferences I feel disconnected. I saw one of her classmate's aids in the hall after I dropped of birthday cupcakes and the aid told me that Meg is very kind to the other kids in the class. It is this kind of info that I crave.
We had a joint friend party for Megan and Rachael at the roller skating rink. They both had an blast with their friends. Rachael is a good skater now and likes to go fast. Megan has been a few times and now likes to be on her own in the center, where the pace is slow. Bridget even tried putting skates on, but she didn't like the constant instablility and only lasted for a little while. Emma had a huge attitude prior to the party that she couldn't invite a friend, but got over it and had fun skating and celebrating with her sisters.On Megan's actual birthday we greeted her with breakfast in bed. She opened gifts and we went out to dinner at CiCi's pizza, her choice. I think the real reason for her wanting to go there was the machines that have little plastic animals in them. Between the girls I think we now have over 40 of them. I hate these kind of things. We don't need more little plastic junk. But this is how they choose to spend their allowance and I try to be OK with that.
We had a 7 cousin birthday party planned at an indoor swim club with a heated pool. There are so many winter birthdays that we decided to do one huge party, but the party has been canceled twice because of the snow. I don't know when we will schedule it again. For the 1st party I had stayed up till 1AM, making cakes while I listened to the final Harry Potter book. I was really excited how Bridget's zebra cake turned out. She loved it but requested more pink. If we have another party I'll do it again and add pink accents. We wound up giving away most of the 36 cupcakes but eating all of the zebra cake. It was yummy.
At some point we will have the rescheduled celebration of Megan's, Rachael's and Bridget's birhtdays with the family, until then I will celebrate daily that they were sent into my life.




Maybe the zebra's mouth could be open with a cute pink tongue.
ReplyDeleteSounds like everyone had great birthdays. A delayed party spreads out the fun. Hope the snow doesn't wear you all out.
Your cakes are always so special, Liz.
Jim, great support for you little girl.Great Pop.
LOVE