Our fall sports season is coming to end soon. Emma's Field hockey team had it's last regular season game on Sunday. She has really learned a lot this year and we have been really impressed with her willingness to get in there. Her team has lost all but one game, that was a tie, and some were loses by a large margin. Despite this dismal record, the coaches and girls stayed upbeat each game, cheering each other on. This Sunday's game even got the bleachers excited as Emma twice took the ball down the field. She controlled the ball and took it half the length of the field past multiple defenders. We were really proud of how she played. Next is a tournament of 3 games this coming weekend.
Team Brazil's season is coming to a close with only a few games left to play. Rachael has really enjoyed the season and her teammates. The games have been pretty evenly matched. This year Rachael has been focused on the game and even had a few scoring chances. After her game on Saturday we went up to the elementary school for their fall festival. The girls enjoyed all of the carnival games. Emma walked around with Bridget at the beginning doing games and winning plastic Halloween stuff. Rachael would up winning a whole hand of green plastic witch fingers. Quite a hit. Meg and Rae went through the Haunted Hall together and both decided it wasn't that scary.That evening Rae, Meg and I went to a Girl Scout campfire. It was raining so we were under a pavilion and the fire outside didn't last long but everyone participated eagerly in the songs and enjoyed the smores.
Jim and Megan went on her first kindergarten field trip to a farm. The rain caused the first attempt to be canceled so we were really happy it was a beautiful fall day. There were lots and lots of kids and Jim asked her is she wanted to walk around with anyone. She replied "I want to walk around with you." They spent time petting animals, doing a hay ride and picking pumpkins.
Every one's Halloween costume is ready except for Emma's. Bridget is going to be princes Aurora, "the pink one" as she calls her. Jim went shopping with her and bought her pink sparkly shoes. She LOVES them! Megan will be a fairy from the Tinkerbell movie. Rachael took a long time to decide and multiple trips to stores but is very happy with her choice of Star Wars Jedi. Emma's costume is a work in progress. She is going to be The Money You Could be Saving with Geico. I loved this idea and tried to clam credit for the idea myself but it was Jim's. It took a while for me to work out how to do it and I am still working on assembling the pieces. Em is really excited about it and so am I. I'll be sure to post pictures.
The fall is so beautiful here. Our trees are turning amazing hues and dropping their leaves. This weekend I discovered that all of the girls had gone outside and at Rachael's inspiration were all trying to catch the leaves as they were falling. It rained all last night but I hope it dries out really nicely so they can rake and play and rake again. We have a blast with the leaves every year.
Catching leaves--Laddy likes to do that on walks when it is windy. Today he took off after some leaves and nearly pulled my arm out of the shoulder God put it in. But it is still fun watching him. And I wish I could have been catching leaves with you!!
ReplyDeleteSounds like a good fall sport season. Great uniforms, Em. I am glad to hear you are all having fun-sports or dancing or being little sis. LOVE you lots.
God bless your treating fun!
Love (can't say it enough)Gramma