We enjoyed the long election weekend,
since The girls and I all had off Monday and Tuesday. I always enjoyed having off school around my birthday when I was little and since I was changing jobs I decided to take a few days off again. We were busy with Soccer games and Girl Scout cookie sales in front of Giant, but I also decided to take advantage of the long weekend and finally paint the big girls room. I had been wanting to do it since the girls
moved in there before Bridget was born and jumped on the chance when I got it. We had purchased new quilts for the girl's beds that were all similar color tones but each different so it was a challenge to find colors for sheets and walls that I was satisfied with. Luckily Jim hung in there until I made up my mind. I wound up buying sheets from 3 places before I decided on the first ones. The whole family went to Home Depot to pick out paint and I think we did pretty well. We decided on blue walls with big dots in Chocolate brown, tan and green.
since The girls and I all had off Monday and Tuesday. I always enjoyed having off school around my birthday when I was little and since I was changing jobs I decided to take a few days off again. We were busy with Soccer games and Girl Scout cookie sales in front of Giant, but I also decided to take advantage of the long weekend and finally paint the big girls room. I had been wanting to do it since the girls
moved in there before Bridget was born and jumped on the chance when I got it. We had purchased new quilts for the girl's beds that were all similar color tones but each different so it was a challenge to find colors for sheets and walls that I was satisfied with. Luckily Jim hung in there until I made up my mind. I wound up buying sheets from 3 places before I decided on the first ones. The whole family went to Home Depot to pick out paint and I think we did pretty well. We decided on blue walls with big dots in Chocolate brown, tan and green. On my birthday I was woken up at 7AM by all 4 girls and a smiling Jim for breakfast in bed. I don't know how early Jim got up to organize the breakfast making, but it was great and I don't think he was too late to work. I had prepped the room and painted the walls on Monday, so I was able to do the fun part, the dots, on my birthday. We went out to
dinner to Outback together and started listening to election results. The girls had walked up to the polling place with me while I voted. Emma and Rachael were eager for results but we had to keep explaining that what they were seeing was only a small part of a few states.
dinner to Outback together and started listening to election results. The girls had walked up to the polling place with me while I voted. Emma and Rachael were eager for results but we had to keep explaining that what they were seeing was only a small part of a few states. Wednesday when they got up they were sad to see the results. Emma teared up. In the election run up we discussed abortion with her and she understood what was at stake. We have been praying a prayer for babies and parents each night since then.


Wednesday was also my first day at my new job. A 12 person company has such a different dynamic from what I was used to, but the feel was very good. It is apparent to me that there is a lot for me to do to get their books in order. I am enjoying the challenge and immediate results after 4 days in. The best change though has been at home. I get home before dinner each day and I get to help with homework much more. My first day of work, Jim was picking up the girls and I beat them home. I had started dinner already and when he came in he was grinning. He was so excited that he wouldn't have to do fast food on Wednesday's, or frozen chicken nuggets, or hot dogs any more. I think
we are all happy to be eating better and more importantly all together. I wasn't a big fan of eating by myself at 8:00 while trying to help put the kids to bed.
we are all happy to be eating better and more importantly all together. I wasn't a big fan of eating by myself at 8:00 while trying to help put the kids to bed.We had another overly busy weekend, this past weekend, with 2 cookies sales and 2 soccer games. Rachael's troop was at 7-11 and Emma was at Giant. That night scouts also had roller skating. Then Sunday I took CPR and First Aid training for Girl Scouts so Jim had the girls most of the day. We also managed to take advantage of 70 degree weather and do most of the leaves in the yard. All of the girls had fun raking and jumping in leaves. I don't know why but
they always put leaves on their heads. Bridget learned this family requirement quickly.
they always put leaves on their heads. Bridget learned this family requirement quickly.More leaves have fallen since then, but also lots of rain and temperatures. These leaves will be much less fun to clean up.
Jim started back after a number of weeks off school, for a required class for his degree program. He'll have 10 weeks of Tuesday
classes and then a few elective classes. After that he will have his degree. He wasn't excited to be back in class but I do think there was some excitement because the end is so near.
classes and then a few elective classes. After that he will have his degree. He wasn't excited to be back in class but I do think there was some excitement because the end is so near.Tonight we all went out to a school event at Barnes and Noble. Emma played her violin with the school orchestra who only had a months worth of practice. They did pretty well. The store was packed with kids and parents, but that added to the fun of cupcakes and story readings by teachers. I look forward to the next time Emma plays.
This is a season of change for our family, and we feel blessed that it is change for the good.
Thought of you girls when I did some of our leaves. I have a feeling most of ours in the back will be there in the spring.
ReplyDeleteI could hear the giggles!
Love, Grandma Kate