Sunday, September 14, 2008

Smiles and Showers

Our little Megan started her second year of pre-school this week and is off and running. She switched to mornings this year and was happy to find out that a number of kids from last year had done the same. It always helps to have some familiar faces on the first day. She picked out her first day dress and when it was time to get ready she reminded me that there is a rule about no sandals. She was all smiles as she went through the school gate and up the steps to her classroom. If only I could approach change with such ease. The smile was even bigger when I came to pick her up.

Emma and Rachael each had their first soccer game of the season and despite spending way too much time fussing about the hot socks that go way over their knees they ran out on the field eager to play. I still after many years do not understand how socks can make you cry. They both got to experience the fun of being on the winning team. It was really hot out and they both looked exhausted after the games but I was impressed at how hard they played when they were on the field. At the final whistle of Rachael's game Bridget was ready to go, but I told her that first we had to find Rachael to tell her she did a good job. Bridget grins and strides right out on the field by herself and makes her way across the empty field toward the mass of Teal shirts. She looked so tiny and so determined. We found Rachael and Bridget was treated to part of Rachael's snack.

The family all pitched in that night to neaten up the house for a double baby shower we were hosting Sunday afternoon. Both Becky and Heather are due in just a few weeks and we are happily awaiting the arrival of the new babies. It is such a blessing to be surrounded by so much family and to have such intense delight over each little one. The girls helped me make punch and great little pretzel, Rollo, nut creations. They also really enjoyed eating them.

1 comment:

  1. Well, I just caught up on all the blogs. Can you believe I had forgotten about them with the other busy things?! I guess my mind has only so many gears as I pack up GG things. Uncle Bill was the one who reminded me. He faithfully checks the blog. I will have to remind him to make a comment.
    I am so looking forward to my visit. THAT I have had always before me. And after reading the blogs, I am sooo excited. Liz, you have a gift for sharing your family that I really appreciate.
    We love you all.
    Gramma Kate and PawPaw (who has a cold right now)

    ReplyDelete